Sunday, January 6, 2013

After 41 years...

My mom retired from Civil Service on December 20th. She worked for a grand total of 41 years! I know what you're thinking... your mom isn't that old! You're right! The government counted the summers in High School/ College when she worked for the IRS and that added a couple years. We all went to her retirement ceremony on base- it was awesome! These are some pics I took- some are upside down bc that's how I was holding the camera, I was wearing many hats that day- not changing them now:)

 


We are so proud of her! She deserves a long, fun retirement. Her plans thus far...
Go to the movies with Joyce (her other retired friend)
hire "Dave the Painter" to paint her living room blue
spoil grandkids
go to the gym each day
change her license plate to "Gma Jo"
look into volunteer dog walking opportunities for local shelters and kennels
vacation soon in Hawaii with dad, her sister Nancy and bro in law Mark

Those retiree's lead a tough life!

No comments: