Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Fresh Start

So I love how the last few posts are about how we haven't written in a while, and how we plan to write more, so... I won't go through that tall tale again. Josh and I decided that we should probably either write regularly or delete our blog. Since we have lots of family and friends that we'd like to stay connected with, we decided to TRY and write more... only time will tell.
The last time we wrote, we had just moved back to Illinois, I was teaching High School Special Ed and Josh had just started Chiropractic school. These are the milestones that have happened since then...
1. Found out we would be parents about a month after our last post
2. Josh was accepted into the Doctor of Chiropractic Program
3. Bought a house
4. Adopted our "non retrieving" Golden Retriever Gemma;)
5. My teaching position was not renewed due to budget cuts
6. Our sweet Michael was born
7. Decided that what was best for our family, was for me to be a stay at home mom, and I therefore discontinued the job hunt
8. Josh was accepted into the Masters Program (which he will complete simultaneously with the DC program)
9. Celebrated Michael's First Birthday (and our survival of the first year of parenthood) Yeah!

So, we've had a pretty eventful and exciting year and a half (plus)!
Obviously, the biggest milestone is the birth of our first child. We adore Michael so much and feel so blessed to be his parents. Josh put together this video (in five parts- sorry, YouTube restrictions) to celebrate his first year, enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aep-Thf3Bdg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4SoWwQckS0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdDvgBmBRe8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86BGzAZrbfE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWbjioYftms

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this! Love the videos. More?
Love ya all

Josh and Steph said...

I'm sure more will come soon. We're trying to be more consistent in updating our blog. Stay tuned...