So were the shark fins and tire swing.
Some day I'll lament my sad story of how without a yard, one has to rent the pavilion at the park for a birthday party and how strategically planned one must be to "not be crowded" with the other Memorial Day weekend activities (Michael was due the weekend of the 4th of July- so either way we probably wouldn't have an "easy" weekend). I was worried about space- being hit by a fly ball from a baseball game- uninvited people coming into our pavilion- joggers with dogs- kids being lost-etc... but if it rains??? No problems! It's nice to be the only people in a mile wide radius. A plus mother nature, A plus!
Notice the shark swimming on the table- thanks Pinterest!
Michael loved his cake, I had planned on making a shark head coming out of the water, but alas, since I didn't read the instructions I had made my cake too soft- you know, like cake- and therefore it wasn't going to stand on it's own. I figured I'd rather have a great tasting cake with -- ahem--not my best work on frosting-- than a crappy tasting bread cake, then I didn't have it centered on my cake platter and some of the icing came off. But you know what? Michael loved it, it was the shark (with Orca friend on table) cake he had asked for- and that's all that matters people.
Thank goodness Matthew (the oldest and a mighty 8 year old was there) otherwise we would still be hitting poor Bruce the Shark with that bat...
I won't lie, Michael and I worked really hard on that pinata and I cried a little when he was savagely torn in half.
The end,
Michael had a fun time at his party and felt super special and great on his day, we love you little sweet pea!






















No comments:
Post a Comment