That is what the children have named baby #3
that is on the way!
Baby bumblebee- because Adilene loves
"I'm Bringin Home a Baby Bumblebee Song" it calms her down no matter
what, ever since we found out we were expecting again (fun tidbit) and Michael
added on Frank for fun- no good reason- he just said that was the baby's name.
We are so excited about receiving another child and the blessing that he or she
will be to our family.
We found out we were expecting at the end of
January- the 29th to be exact (which is my late Grandfather's birthday). That
week I should have been expecting something else (if you know what I mean) but
hadn't given it as much as a single thought, we had been busy, the kids had
just recovered from colds and in general the family was winding down from the
holidays. Adilene- sweet thing that she is, had emptied the entire drawer of
female products all over the bathroom floor. While I was picking them up, I
thought "It's a good thing she dumped them because I need to know what I
need soon... oh crap, when is that... (checking the date on my phone)... I'm...
almost a week late..., well, we've been busy moving in and all, the last couple
months have been weird so this isn't REALLY late...
there's a pretty small chance anyway." I went on with the day and
honestly, I don't remember thinking about it again AT ALL. The next afternoon,
I was sitting with the kids reading "The Sneetches" and I SWEAR
(insert dramatic hand gesture here) I felt a butterfly movement in my
stomach.
*
note- I realize this is "impossible" because the baby wouldn't be big
enough... although... I have had ALL posterior placentas so far- meaning my
placenta has attached on the back of my uterus, which generally makes for
feeling kicks earlier on in pregnancy (this would coincide with previous experience
although I second and a hundredth guess myself - but this will be my third
baby)... I write this so that I'm not considered CRAZY- one of those people
that has outlandish, random story factoids. Maybe it was gas, maybe it was my
subconscious, maybe I AM crazy...
Don't
care- really swear I felt something like an early baby kick, how many
things are deemed "impossible" but aren't.
No one is going to tell me I didn't feel my
baby.
"Impossible,
things are happening eeverrrry daaaay" Thank you Rogers and Hammersteins.
****end rant****
So after that, I literally thought,
"well, now I have to have an errand to run when Josh gets home so I can
sneak a pregnancy test and THEN I have to come up with some clever
"way" of telling Josh, because, "that's whats been done before",
well except the time Josh RUINED it, so really only that other time... regardless, I have yet to use my
original "way of telling" that I have dreamed of forever- because
that is just not the way life works.
The kids were crazy the rest of the day, I
mean, knock down- drag out, I earned more gray hair crazy, not a selling point
for having a third by any means... (if you are a parent you know what I mean-
if you aren't yet- please don't judge me- I love my kids and am excited to have
another).
Aaaaanywaaaay, when Josh walked in the door
the kids were already in bed, it was late. I sat on the couch in recovery.
The first thing Josh said to me, very
timidly: How was your day?
The first thing I replied, very matter of
fact like: I need you to go get me a root beer, a Caramello bar... two.
And a pregnancy test, the cheapest one they have.
Josh's reply: REALLY?!?!
My reply: Yep.
So, that sweet man dropped his bags and went
out and got the list right away.
"Impossible,
for a plain country bumpkin and a prince to join in marriage..."
So when he got home I went upstairs and took
the test, while he ate and kicked his shoes off.
After the 3 minutes were up, I looked at the
test, the "example" line shows up no matter what, then in the other
little window appears either a "negative" not pregnant, or
"positive" pregnant, sign. The "negative" part of the sign
is the same shade as the "example" line- it's suppose to be. So at
first I thought it wasn't "for sure" but a quick comparison of the
picture on the stick taught me that it was the other line I was to look at- the
BIG, NEON, FLASHING ONE proclaiming that I am indeed with child. I laughed to
myself and thanked my Father in Heaven for a sweet surprise blessing. Because
even though that day was hard, ok- lots of days are hard, all days have lessons
and blessing and butterfly kisses- it is ALWAYS worth it.
I went downstairs holding the positive
pregnancy test in my hand, and with a big smile on my face said, "Guess
What?"
We were both really happy, and really
surprised. We said prayers of gratitude and faith in helping us make all the
decisions that come with birthing a child.
Baby Bumblebee Frank is due at the end of
September, we can't wait for you little Bee:)
Currently I am 4 1/2 months and feeling
great, I was a little more nauseated early on then I have been before and I've
had heartburn a few times (which I have only had before when I was pregnant
with Michael) but things are great. We heard the heart beat for the first time
on March 18th- Bee's heart sounds like someone kicking down a door- with
passion. So strong and thumpy. It made my heart happy to hear it. We had gone
the week before and hadn't been able to find it, although it was early at
nearly 11 weeks. I had a dream the night before -that the appointment happened-
the way it did- I wasn't devastated, but was sure glad when we heard it a week
later.
4 and a half months goober picture
We feel so blessed to be having another baby
and pray that we can measure up to all that the Lord has entrusted us with. We
aren't perfect but we are sure trying our best, after all...
"four
white mice can never be four white horses..."


1 comment:
Congrats Steph, this is so exciting! What a fun story too! I have never been surprised by a pregnancy, so Luis is always expecting it. It would be fun to be able to tell him in a fun way someday! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment