Monday, May 6, 2013

Earrings

I got my ears pierced when I was in Kindergarten. We lived in Germany at the time and my mom took me to the BX jewelry counter to get them pierced I picked out a pair of tiny 14 K gold hearts as my first earrings. It stung to get them pierced, but what I remember most is that I felt so grown up and sophisticated (can a 5 year old feel sophisticated?). I remember seeing a Wilson Philips music video playing on the TV as we were leaving the store
 
(I LOVED that group- love meaning I sang their songs all the time and  I burned through a cassette tape of their album and my mom bought me a new one- at this young age) anyway the girls in Wilson Philips had their ears pierced too, and I felt so special because I had joined this elite group of people with sophisticated holes in their ears.

That back story being said, I have saved some of my favorite (loner) earrings from my childhood. I know- nut job right! I loved them that much. I had been minimizing my possessions and pulled out my stash- I put the bag in a trash pile and back into my keep pile several times before I finally decided I would just keep them- maybe I WOULD actually find a use for them someday (I mean I've kept them for what 20 years?)  These are said earrings...
 

My first pair (well one of the pair)...

Then, it happened, while on Pinterest I found the solution... making cutesie bookmarks out of old earrings. That's what I'll do- this will be my excuse for keeping them and when I am done I will use these when I read instead of old receipts.

Which just proves, "If you hold on for one more day... things will go your way."  
 

1 comment:

Luis and Rachelle Weger said...

The end of your post is hilarious! I loved wilson philips too! Still do! :)