Sunday, October 7, 2012

"I cooking FIRE mommy!"

Friday morning my mom (who was off work) stopped by and we chatted in the kid's room while she held Adi and I sorted through baby clothes. I heard Michael playing in the living room and after a while I heard the microwave turn on. Let me pause here:
 1:Michael likes to push the buttons on the microwave
2. it usually locks and says this... funny! I know!




3. he has only started the microwave one time and it had nothing in it

So when I heard the microwave I started to get up off the floor. Michael came walking in and stated, "I cooking FIIIIRE!"
OH BOY!

I run to the kitchen in time to see a fire in the microwave! OH MY GOODNESS! My heart continues to race as my brain kicks into gear- my mom is right behind me and starts to OPEN THE DOOR! I am at the sink getting a bowl of water and yell, NO! YOU"LL GIVE IT MORE OXYGEN!!!

I open the door and soak the flames- WOW!



I didn't think to take a picture until we had started cleaning!













He was cooking a magnet Frankenstein draw on face- the one with the magnet pen and metal shavings that you can draw beards and hair and such- I bought it or a dollar at Target.

 In the picture above he told me he was "cooking fire" and that the magnet picture is all wet now.

I'm just thankful HE didn't open the door and that he came and told me he was "cooking fire"!
I am so thankful no one was hurt and we got to have a nice little lesson on kitchen safety!

Yikes!

1 comment:

Weighta said...

Wow! That's really funny knowing the outcome, but scary to think what might have been! That'll be one of those moments you don't ever forget!