Yesterday we said goodbye to an old, battered friend.
Jerry came and bought our car for $250.00 in cash.
We kept the tires as they are only a few months old and will fit our Nissan.
My dad and I attempted to tow the Bu home from Alton last week
- made it to Lebanon
- got pulled over by a State Trooper (who asked us if we knew that pretending to be a tow truck is illegal, I thought, "who's pretending? We're accomplishing this!)
I didn't know it was illegal!
I see people do this all the time, but after Sgt Keger's lecture about the dangers and how he could write me about 50 tickets "right now" I realized that the lack of legality makes since.
I paid $150.00 to have it towed from 8 miles north of Lebanon to my house!
Inflation!
Anyway, it's the end of an era. We're driven nearly 185,000 miles on that car- made lots of memories, and it was a good car until the bitter end. Josh and I both were a little sentimental.

In Alton, before the illegal tow.
At our house while Jerry took her away to scrap for parts:(



Jerry came and bought our car for $250.00 in cash.
We kept the tires as they are only a few months old and will fit our Nissan.
My dad and I attempted to tow the Bu home from Alton last week
- made it to Lebanon
- got pulled over by a State Trooper (who asked us if we knew that pretending to be a tow truck is illegal, I thought, "who's pretending? We're accomplishing this!)
I didn't know it was illegal!
I see people do this all the time, but after Sgt Keger's lecture about the dangers and how he could write me about 50 tickets "right now" I realized that the lack of legality makes since.
I paid $150.00 to have it towed from 8 miles north of Lebanon to my house!
Inflation!
Anyway, it's the end of an era. We're driven nearly 185,000 miles on that car- made lots of memories, and it was a good car until the bitter end. Josh and I both were a little sentimental.
In Alton, before the illegal tow.
At our house while Jerry took her away to scrap for parts:(
No comments:
Post a Comment