Thursday, March 8, 2012

Our week in review Monday-Wednesday

Monday- went to breakfast at my mom's to be with my grandma and went to the park with Stanley.



Michael LOVES his Great Grandma, it's so cute!

Tuesday- went to playgroup

Wednesday- I had a blood test follow up appointment in Alton- not related to my pregnancy but it's in an OB office (because I was Dr. shopping at the time but didn't end up picking this Dr/practice as my delivery help and because it's an hour away, I thought about not going- but after some conversing with Josh and the midwife and after thought and prayer I felt I should go and get my follow up blood work done- maybe it would be helpful in making less to do for my pregnancy blood work. As a side note, I always make appointments early because then we get in and out before the office is running behind (I have always done this and it has worked well for me). So... the morning went like this...
7am- out the door
7:10am- through the McDonald's (gross, I know) drive thru
7:48am- take exit 10 off I-255 North towards Alton
7:55am- smoke billowing out of the hood of my car 2 blocks away from office also a LOUD knocking sound
8am- calling dad while running with child,purse, bag and stroller into office
8:10- I am called back to see Ms. "Talk down to ya snotty pants"
8:15- answering questions about my health and hoping I don't need to tell them I am pregnant- awkward since I am not delivering with her.
8:20- blood pressure taken then pulse in same arm (this always bothers me because I started out in nursing school and was taught that this does not allow for an accurate pulse reading- since you just "suffocated my arm"
8:25- snotty pants comes in and talks to me like I'm 5
8:26- I find out that I should have been fasting... guess that sausage biscuit was a no go then? I mean, I realize that is partly my fault but you think they'd make sure you know that beforehand!
8:27- I leave office with the assignment to "drop in" at my leisure to get blood drawn and make a follow up appointment (not doing this)
8:30- get back into car with Michael, purse, bag, stroller and an empty McD's bag
8:31- call my dad who can't leave Scott AFB to help me until 11am
8:32- text Josh about issues to let him know whats going on since he can't come either
8:33- call Jeff- no answer
8:34- call Kelly- no answer
8:35- call mom, she is taking off work to come pick me up
8:40- mom is stuck on base for random security searches
8:41- older gentlemen parks right next to me (in a virtually empty parking lot) and hits my car with his car door, pretends not to notice and (for real) doesn't see us in the car. I laugh because what else could go bad this morning?
8:42 call Jenn to chat to someone while I wait
my mom picks me up, we empty my car- decide to leave it there and get home around 10:30.

I spend the rest of the day trying to figure out towing and possible car replacement options.

Josh gets home about 4 and we go to look at a couple of used, cheap cars at Deien Chevrolet dealer in Trenton, we...

test drive a Nissan
test drive an Oldsmobile
prayerfully decide early into the drive that the Olds has too many miles (160,000) and that we will make an offer on the Nissan
lady in ugly orange car clips the front end of the Olds while she is trying to pass us while we are turning left- yep that's right.
call police
45 minutes after call -we get back to dealership
Josh leaves to go back to school for important class
I make an offer on Nissan
nope
I make another offer on Nissan
nope
I pay asking price (which was only $2500) and drive away in Nissan with dealer plates on it
I make it to Andy's (Dana's dad) surprise 60th Birthday party at 7:01pm- just in time!
I leave at 8
Michael and I both crash for a good night's sleep.

This is the "new" 1996 Nissan Maxima that we bought,
it...
is kind of a hoopty,
but it runs well,
can fit 2 car seats and a dog in the back seats (which are leather (ish) and will wipe off well),
fit our very meager price range
has a CD and tape player (which I am very excited about)
a sunroof
was considered a luxury car it it's day
has button to unlock the doors... and it works (I can't remember the last time I had one that worked)
and only has 100,000 grandpa miles on it because an old retired fireman used it around town and back and forth to Carlyle Lake to fish, he traded it in when he bought his own boat and needed a truck to pull it.





And will hopefully last until Josh and I can afford a car with a warranty;)

No comments: