Sunday, December 4, 2011

Call me Nancy Drew

Last Thursday, around 7 pm, I was reading Michael a story in preparation for bed, when all of a sudden, Gemma sat up from a "dead dog asleep position" and started barking, and then -looking back at me once- she bounded into the living room and continued barking at the front door. I'm thinking ...
1- Gemma is crazy, she barks at silly things alot of the time, it's probably nothing.
2- I'll listen to her bark and see if it gets more aggressive, because once when an electric guy came into our backyard, she started barking and it was a much different "we're under siege" bark then when the school boys turn their bikes around in out driveway.
There is another knock at the door...
and my brain continues...
3- But it's dark and we're home without Josh
4- What if it is something
5- Gemma's still growling
6- I KNOW I locked the door, so we're fine!
Then, I decided to take Michael with me and see what was at the front door. I peer cautiously around the hallway corner and approached the door. As I prepare to pull the side curtain over and come face to face with a masked mad man, I silently worry that I don't have shoes on and therefore it wouldn't be as easy to run away down the street, and then I decide that it doesn't matter.
So, there I am, Michael in one arm, phone in the other (prepared to dial 911) and I look out to find...

a plate of treats...

OHHH, NOOO ya don't! I think to myself. I've seen those emails about not going outside for the crying baby or the faucets all on. I AM CERTAINLY NOT GOING TO FALL FOR THIS, and I AM NOT OPENING THAT DOOR!

So I go and put Michael to bed. After about 30 minutes and several prayers I decide that it's ok to go retrieve the plate.

This is the tag on the plate and the plate...




So someone in our ward started this and I spent the next hour eating and trying to figure out who it is from. I even tried to smell the paper to see whose house it might smell like- nothing. All I know is they are food fancy (with their chocolate covered pretzels) and the plate is from Dollar General. Since I received this on the 1st, I figure I am one of the first people and therefore the people who gave it to me are the starters of this fun game;) I also think it is someone in New Baden... Meldroms? Gladdens? IDK!

The treats were: cupcakes, chocolate covered pretzels and mints. They tasted great!

So I baked chocolate chip pumpkin bread to give for this and wrapped it up. After church, Josh ran up to the house of the W family in O'Fallon, sat the plate down, rang the doorbell and ran away. Hehe!




The End







No comments: