Have I ever mentioned that Michael is in love with his airplane? We received this as a gift from my mom's friend Joyce. She found it at a garage sale and thought it was cute. Michael loves to watch the propeller spin and push the buttons so that Mickey sings.
He loves it so much, that we used it as the theme for his first birthday party! these pictures are from May...
We even used this airplane for the picture shoot we took in June...
So is it any wonder that the children's poem I found today is about an airplane, and also symbolic of how quickly my little, sweet boy is growing up?
Taking Off
The airplane taxis down the field
And heads into the breeze,
It lifts it's wheels above the ground,
It skims above the trees,
It rises higher and higher
Away up toward the sun,
It's just a speck against the sky
- And now it's gone!
My little boy doesn't look like a baby anymore. Where did the time go? He's walking and running and laughing and talking. Today he said "chip" as in "Grandma give me a chip!" Ha Ha! He says mama and dada; dog and duck; and a menagerie of other words. I just can't believe he's almost a year and a half old! Last Friday marked 2 years from the time I found out I would have Michael, I was so thrilled and excited to be a mom and to know that I would have a sweet little baby to hold and love and snuggle and teach. Now I have that little baby- except he's getting bigger and isn't much of a "hold me and snuggle" kind of a boy. But that's ok, because he gives me "lovies" and I find so much joy in watching him learn and helping him to grow and have enriching experiances in every way. I love him so much and I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of our purpose on earth and am so thankful that I have been entrusted to raise this sweet little boy. He is my everything;)
No comments:
Post a Comment