Today I went to Hoyleton (a very small town east of us) to a place called "Country Kids Pumpkin Patch" a small family owned farm that is geared to toddlers. It was GREAT! We got a hay ride, petted bunnies (which they were selling for $5.00), picked a small pumpkin, I bought beautiful red mums, we went through a corn maze (toddler style) and played in a "corn box".


That chicken was very mean! It kept pecking at the children's fingers when they got too close! Yikes!



You guessed it... lovies to the bunnies;)

Michael thought this was so exciting!


We had alot of fun! This family is so wonderful, they are a homeschooling family (except for the one daughter old enough for High School). So all of their 9 children were there the oldest 15- the youngest 1 month! All the kids helped show us the animals, and they were so polite. One little boy (around 8 years old) came up and showed Michael 5 minute old eggs from under the hens, they were still warm! I asked the mom if she had always planned on having a big family, her answer, "People ask me that all the time, and I tell them- we're Catholic, it comes with the territory!" How cute and funny!
I really enjoyed it because it was geared for the younger age group and was really personal! We'll go back next year for sure!
That chicken was very mean! It kept pecking at the children's fingers when they got too close! Yikes!
You guessed it... lovies to the bunnies;)
Michael thought this was so exciting!
We had alot of fun! This family is so wonderful, they are a homeschooling family (except for the one daughter old enough for High School). So all of their 9 children were there the oldest 15- the youngest 1 month! All the kids helped show us the animals, and they were so polite. One little boy (around 8 years old) came up and showed Michael 5 minute old eggs from under the hens, they were still warm! I asked the mom if she had always planned on having a big family, her answer, "People ask me that all the time, and I tell them- we're Catholic, it comes with the territory!" How cute and funny!
I really enjoyed it because it was geared for the younger age group and was really personal! We'll go back next year for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment