Wednesday we went to Carlyle Lake. We visited the "Visitors Center" went on a small nature walk down "Chipmunk Trail" and saw the Carlyle Dam. Then we had lunch, and swam. All and all it was a fun nature day.

All the older kids were so sweet all week about helping with Michael. Matthew wanted to push the stroller on the trail, which was fine until I realized how steep it really was, so Annee and I helped him.
When we got to the outlook area where you could see the lake and the dam, we all took the opportunity to get a picture;) Apparently no one took a picture of the dam, or if they did, they decided it wasn't very good- because I didn't find one. The lake is pretty enough.

I love the picture of the three kids together- they are all so cute;) I also LOVE the picture of Jenn with her girlies;)

Below you will see the proof that the throwing of the rocks was not just a children's activity...

It was all fun and games until Alyssa accidentally hit Matthew in the back with a rock, then it was time to head back up the trail.
When we were setting up lunch, all the kids ran to play on the playground, I watched as a wasp flew near Dessa- she saw it and started screaming and flinging her arms around, twirling, spinning and running around in circles. I started laughing because she looked so funny- if there were CampIN Oscars- she would have won for best dramatic performance, you should also know that she was scared of the fluttering butterflies two days before- she was REALLY freaking out! Then it landed on her and stung her- it wasn't funny anymore, I felt so sad for her- she was so scared and in pain, and she had been so happy a few moments before, poor little dear. Jenn and Josh helped her by putting mud on her sting and calming her down, they also gave her medicine in case she had an allergic reaction. She was fine- and ended up having a great time at the lake, but it was a big ordeal when it happened.

Swimtime- Playtime- Sleeptime



Isn't that sign dramatic! But actually there are many under tides and things, and people drown every year at Carlyle!

I know it looks bad that our child is falling asleep in the trunk, we used it as our changing station all week while out and about. Mom stood here and watched him after I changed him so that I could go change out of my swimming clothes. He rode in his car seat on the way home;)
Cute isn't he?
My favorite pictures of the day?

Dessa with the fish as big as her
and
My Bubba falling asleep while I held him;)

P.S. Our little Bubba was running a fever and wouldn't drink much that night, I think he had a little heat exhaustion. Thanks to those who helped in such a blessed way, you know who you are. And Michael woke up better then ever the next day- our prayers answered.
All the older kids were so sweet all week about helping with Michael. Matthew wanted to push the stroller on the trail, which was fine until I realized how steep it really was, so Annee and I helped him.
When we got to the outlook area where you could see the lake and the dam, we all took the opportunity to get a picture;) Apparently no one took a picture of the dam, or if they did, they decided it wasn't very good- because I didn't find one. The lake is pretty enough.
I love the picture of the three kids together- they are all so cute;) I also LOVE the picture of Jenn with her girlies;)
Below you will see the proof that the throwing of the rocks was not just a children's activity...
It was all fun and games until Alyssa accidentally hit Matthew in the back with a rock, then it was time to head back up the trail.
When we were setting up lunch, all the kids ran to play on the playground, I watched as a wasp flew near Dessa- she saw it and started screaming and flinging her arms around, twirling, spinning and running around in circles. I started laughing because she looked so funny- if there were CampIN Oscars- she would have won for best dramatic performance, you should also know that she was scared of the fluttering butterflies two days before- she was REALLY freaking out! Then it landed on her and stung her- it wasn't funny anymore, I felt so sad for her- she was so scared and in pain, and she had been so happy a few moments before, poor little dear. Jenn and Josh helped her by putting mud on her sting and calming her down, they also gave her medicine in case she had an allergic reaction. She was fine- and ended up having a great time at the lake, but it was a big ordeal when it happened.
Swimtime- Playtime- Sleeptime
Isn't that sign dramatic! But actually there are many under tides and things, and people drown every year at Carlyle!
I know it looks bad that our child is falling asleep in the trunk, we used it as our changing station all week while out and about. Mom stood here and watched him after I changed him so that I could go change out of my swimming clothes. He rode in his car seat on the way home;)
Cute isn't he?
My favorite pictures of the day?
Dessa with the fish as big as her
and
My Bubba falling asleep while I held him;)
No comments:
Post a Comment