Sunday, July 17, 2011
Weekend in review part 3 of 3
So, it looks like it's my turn to tell about this weekend. I'll sum it up in one word, FRUSTRATING! What started as a simple morning of yard work turned into an excruciating all day mess! All I had to do was dig a little ditch to lay down some edging around our soon to be flower garden. Let me diverge for a minute to explain something... Our basement has a sump pump that pumps all the ground water out and away from our house. This water is supposed to drain outside our backyard fence, but has had some drainage issues for a while now, and the pipe runs right through our soon to be flower bed. As I was thus digging and turning over the soil I just happened to puncture a hole in the pipe. So, now I'm faced with the challenge of digging out around the pipe to figure out how to fix it. To complicate matters, every time our sump pump turned on inside, this ditch I now have in our yard fills with water. Now I have to figure out how to drain the ditch, fix the pipe, and get everything back to normal. I asked Stephanie to pick up a pump for the ditch on her way home from Michael's swimming lessons, and I grabbed some extra pipe and other materials to attempt this mess of a project. To spare you from boredom I will forgo the details of this mess, but I will say that we finally got a new pipe fitted, reburied, and us inside by 11:30 p.m. It was hot, back-breaking work and I was pretty irritable the entire day. So, a complete Saturday wasted, but at least we don't have a plugged sump drain anymore. Hope you enjoy these few pictures Stephanie took.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment