yes, there are babies in there, one is under the greenery.
Precious!
It is also a new beginning for me. Today, in church, I was sustained in a new calling, to be the 2nd Counselor in our Ward's Primary Presidency. I had been teaching Sunday School for the Primary for 2 plus years, ever since we moved to Illinois, and I have been with that same group of kids that whole time, moving up a class each year with them- which usually doesn't happen.
So needless to say, I am very attached. It was bittersweet teaching them in Sunday School for the last time today- and I could tell it was bittersweet for them too. Of course, I'll see them in Sharing Time (which is when the whole Primary meets together for singing and activities), it will be different though. I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve however I am needed and look forward to the new experiences I will gain from this. I'm excited to get to work so closely with JoLynn, Becky and Dale- three women that I truly admire and look up to. This will be so much fun! I can't wait until next Sunday;)
If you'd like to learn more about "callings", "Primary", or what a "Ward" is click on the hyper-linked words.
Today's last Sunday School lesson (with me) was about Jesus Christ raising Lazarus from the dead. My favorite thought from this lesson is that Jesus waited until Lazarus had been dead for 4 days before He performed the miracle of raising him from the dead. There was no doubt in the minds of those that had witnessed this, that Lazarus was dead (for he stinketh), and they went and told about the miracle. (John 11: 1-46) Just like Jesus has power over physical death, likewise, He has power over our spiritual life and death. He has the more important power of raising the dead to immortality. And also, because of the Atonement He has the power to judge- and give eternal life to those who obey his teachings and follow Him.
Pretty Awesome!
Ta Ta for now;)
No comments:
Post a Comment