Friday, May 24, 2013

My heart is filled with glee, Michael is turning three...

My sweet little baby boy is turning 3 today! I can't believe he is such a big boy now! I love him so, so much and tonight when I told him his birth story, I felt so much joy and happiness for this beautiful child that Heavenly Father has blessed me, us with. I am so lucky to be his mother and I will strive to be the best mom I can be.

We celebrated Michael's 3rd Birthday with my family and some close friends last Sunday at our house. Michael had requested a "Humpback Whale Cake" months ago and so he received one.

 
A self portrait

 
Goody bags




Fish hats

 

shark fruit bowl






The birthday boy
*note: at some point between age 2 and 3 the words, "smile for the camera...", and "look up at mom and say Cheese!" hold very little... 




 

candids...




 
He absolutely loved his birthday party and his cake (which was 4 layers, handmade everything (includig dye for the frostings) and required me to stay up until 4:30am making- I will have enough of all ingredients next time and break it down into days...) Coincidently, his cake took longer to make then    the entirety of labor and birth with him...

On the Tuesday following we brought little mini brownie cupcakes (decorated with a goldfish cracker on top), fish hats, goodie bags and fish to color to playgroup for a little mini celebration- fun was had;)

I love this little munchkin, he is my favorite little man in the word and makes me laugh EVERY day, whilst my heart is singing my love for him. 

2 comments:

Luis and Rachelle Weger said...

The cake and watermelon look awesome!!!

Josh and Steph said...

Thanks Rachelle;)