Saturday, March 9, 2013

Over the Hill

On the 11th of February my dad turned 60! I can't even believe it! The funny thing is I remember his Birthday 20 years ago when we threw him a huge surprise party and decorated with tombstones and "Over the Hill" signs!
 My dad was born in San Diego California, at the Naval Hospital while his dad was in the Navy. My dad is the oldest of 3- his brother is less then a year younger then him and his sister is a few yars younger then him. My Grandpa made it to land only a few days before my dad was born, he had to leave for sea again when my dad was a few weeks old and a couple of months later, came back for a couple of weeks- then he got to come home again before my uncle Jeff was born and I think he got to stay after that. Crazy! My Grandma is a supermom! Anyway, then they settled back home in Quincy, IL and that's where my dad grew up!


He didn't want a big to do about his birthday, he wanted pizza for dinner (big surprise there) and chocolate cake- which he received. We got him a nice card and printed off a picture of him and Adilene from when she was a newborn- to compliment the pictures of him with Michael and Stanley that are displayed in his house. He liked it and I think he enjoyed his Birthday. I have to get the pictures off my mom's camera- our camera died mid party- typical! We have to get better at that!

No comments: