Friday, March 30, 2012

Hare in the Air!

Each year Josh's school does an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids- it's free and you don't have to be associated with the school to attend. The Easter Bunny arrives in a helicopter! It's a big deal. There is a petting zoo; four different clowns making balloon animals; Fred Bird was there; the local police and fire stations were there handing out info and letting the kids sit in the vehicles- Michael loved the fire truck and was one of the last kids to sit in it, as we got to witness them receive a call- gear up and roll outta there; Michael sat in the helicopter; and of course we did the Easter egg hunt. They had different sections marked off for each age group, it was color coded to the sticker you receive upon arrival. Two year old's and under were the last age group- which worked out great because we walked around and Michael got to see what to do before it was his turn. I was really impressed with the organization and thought behind it- the helping students were walking around in bunny ears- so you could ask questions, you received a "map" and info paper about the hunt rules and the map really helped you be able to see and do more. This year local businesses donated money- and several prizes were purchased for each age group- lucky were the kids who found the gold ticket in their egg! The prizes were cool! I saw one 7 year old girl win a launching rocket!

Michael loved finding the eggs, since he's in the youngest group- student helpers walked around to "help" ie- throw an egg down in front of the kids who didn't have many- and it really helped each kid have fun and enjoy themselves. The only rule was... NO parents in the "hunt area" it went like this...

Ready

Set

GO!

Toddlers racing -in slow motion-towards colorful eggs

Michael finds a blue one

drops his basket

I decide I'll hold the basket outside the "ring" since he's coming back each time to show me the egg

he is very proud

parents start entering the "hunt area"

control freak with loud speaker asks all parents to remain outside the hunt area

more parents enter hunt area

older siblings enter the hunt area (cheaters)

I hear the woman next to me tell her older son(with his toddler sister) to get as many as possible- maybe they'll win something

REALLY PEOPLE!

I lose sight of Michael in his blue and white stripes shirt- can't see around adults and 8 year old's

minor panic

I enter "hunt area"

I run into control freak with loud speaker, who's reminding parents to keep out of the "hunt area"

I find Michael

it's over

we have 6 eggs

I felt like that was fabulous for his first hunt- and because a third of the kids in there were too old for that age group

Michael opens egg

discovers CANDY

excitement ensues

all of our candy is chocolate :(

melted chocolate

not sure who thought that was a good idea :0

I squeeze one mini 3 musketeers in his mouth

I throw the rest away

Michael is very excited about playing with the eggs

most of his are blue

we go home and take a nap

we had tons of fun and look forward to going again next year with daddy;)
Link








































WHEW!

No comments: