Sunday night we had FHE and I took pictures... again of Michael's church coloring projects.
Behold

Also these are on the fridge... from a while ago...

Monday Josh was off and we all took naps. It was happy;) We also had the Missionaries over for dinner. That night the tornado sirens went off about 3am... and we slept through them! Along with half the rest of my town! My parents heard it and we now have plans in place to call each other, but word on the street says it was a HOT topic at the town board meeting Tuesday night- and it's being fixed/ hopefully upgraded. How scarry! Only small wind damages reported throughout town, everyone's fine! It was eerie weather too because my dad even woke up and went downstairs- and that's saying alot! Josh and I woke up earlier in the night, it was windy but mostly pouring! I didn't even think about the possibility of a tornado! Which is dumb because of all the crazy weather we've been having. Everyone in the Midwest knows that cool fronts plus warm fronts equals perfect tornado weather! I won't be making that mistake again.
P.S. Michael likes his Fireman's hat that he got for Christmas;)

Tuesday Michael and I went to playgroup and Michael ran himself ragged! He was so tired- and took a great nap! I was happy!
Wednesday we ventured outside in the teen degree weather, so that we could be close to nature and get our shoes muddy, do you feel the thrill in my "voice"! Actually Michael swung in the swing, Gemma tortured the garter snake that is hibernating under our porch, and all in all, those 30 minutes helped us get through the rest of the day!
I guess I should take this moment to mention that we have a garter snake under our porch (the lower portion by the garage), yes I am allowing this and YES I have seen the 14 minute youtube video of the Idaho Snake House- GROSS!
Anyway, I decided I didn't care if it hibernated under our porch, after all, we all have to share this Earth, it's only one snake and it probably happened last year and the year before and I just didn't know about it because we weren't outside all summer, fall and into the winter to notice all the wildlife and their habits in our backyard. Anyway, I planted a ton of bulbs last fall in the garden where it has to come out, and I have bigger plans for my veggie garden this year too- it's going to be good to have a resident snake out there that won't hurt us. I read all about it online before deciding I was alright with it shacking up down there for the winter, and because we live in this house and aren't ghetto or rather ARE ATTENTIVE, it won't become like the Idaho Snake House. We have yet to name said snake, but Gemma can smell it out there and try as she might, to the point of smashing plants, can't reach it with her paw, and can't scare it out. Silly dog, she'll be lucky if it doesn't slither out and snip her in the nose!
Thursday I went grocery shopping and then to my mom's house so Michael could play there, and so we all could have a change of scenery. While grocery shopping I picked up this ball that a friend of ours had at playgroup on Tuesday, it was a dollar and lights up like a strobe light when you hit it. It is very popular in our house;)

Friday we went to the O'Fallon Library for "Tween the Gardens" I have no idea why it's called that, but it's a sing along, circle time thing for Michael's age group- we always have fun! Tonight, Michael is going to Grandma and Grandpa Stroot's and Josh and I are going on a hot date to the Temple and the O.G... Olive Garden;) And you better believe I left room to finish my entire plate!
The End!
Behold
Also these are on the fridge... from a while ago...
Monday Josh was off and we all took naps. It was happy;) We also had the Missionaries over for dinner. That night the tornado sirens went off about 3am... and we slept through them! Along with half the rest of my town! My parents heard it and we now have plans in place to call each other, but word on the street says it was a HOT topic at the town board meeting Tuesday night- and it's being fixed/ hopefully upgraded. How scarry! Only small wind damages reported throughout town, everyone's fine! It was eerie weather too because my dad even woke up and went downstairs- and that's saying alot! Josh and I woke up earlier in the night, it was windy but mostly pouring! I didn't even think about the possibility of a tornado! Which is dumb because of all the crazy weather we've been having. Everyone in the Midwest knows that cool fronts plus warm fronts equals perfect tornado weather! I won't be making that mistake again.
P.S. Michael likes his Fireman's hat that he got for Christmas;)
Tuesday Michael and I went to playgroup and Michael ran himself ragged! He was so tired- and took a great nap! I was happy!
Wednesday we ventured outside in the teen degree weather, so that we could be close to nature and get our shoes muddy, do you feel the thrill in my "voice"! Actually Michael swung in the swing, Gemma tortured the garter snake that is hibernating under our porch, and all in all, those 30 minutes helped us get through the rest of the day!
I guess I should take this moment to mention that we have a garter snake under our porch (the lower portion by the garage), yes I am allowing this and YES I have seen the 14 minute youtube video of the Idaho Snake House- GROSS!
Anyway, I decided I didn't care if it hibernated under our porch, after all, we all have to share this Earth, it's only one snake and it probably happened last year and the year before and I just didn't know about it because we weren't outside all summer, fall and into the winter to notice all the wildlife and their habits in our backyard. Anyway, I planted a ton of bulbs last fall in the garden where it has to come out, and I have bigger plans for my veggie garden this year too- it's going to be good to have a resident snake out there that won't hurt us. I read all about it online before deciding I was alright with it shacking up down there for the winter, and because we live in this house and aren't ghetto or rather ARE ATTENTIVE, it won't become like the Idaho Snake House. We have yet to name said snake, but Gemma can smell it out there and try as she might, to the point of smashing plants, can't reach it with her paw, and can't scare it out. Silly dog, she'll be lucky if it doesn't slither out and snip her in the nose!
Thursday I went grocery shopping and then to my mom's house so Michael could play there, and so we all could have a change of scenery. While grocery shopping I picked up this ball that a friend of ours had at playgroup on Tuesday, it was a dollar and lights up like a strobe light when you hit it. It is very popular in our house;)
Friday we went to the O'Fallon Library for "Tween the Gardens" I have no idea why it's called that, but it's a sing along, circle time thing for Michael's age group- we always have fun! Tonight, Michael is going to Grandma and Grandpa Stroot's and Josh and I are going on a hot date to the Temple and the O.G... Olive Garden;) And you better believe I left room to finish my entire plate!
The End!
No comments:
Post a Comment