Saturday, December 3, 2011

New fun

We have setup our Christmas Tree, Christmas Candle Wreath, Christmas Pyramid, and Nativity scenes. We opted to just put some of the ornaments on our tree this year (the ones that won't break if the tree gets pulled over;) so far, it's gone really well and Michael and Gemma have both followed directions when around the tree- yay! This is the first year we kept all of our Christmas Decor in the attic (the two other Christmas's that we've been in the house we had it in the basement, but wanted to de-clutter for food storage purposes) anyway, it was such a great idea...
notice I said WAS...
Apparently even boxed up Christmas candles will melt in the 120 degree summer attic heat- who wouldn't thought? NOT US! How could we not think of that? Anyway, it was a HUGE mess and we have alot of "big deal" candle things from Germany... that no longer have candles. Thank goodness only some of the boxes, lights and garland were waxed. I should've taken pictures, but was so aggravated at the time that I didn't think about it:(
Michael LOVES the Christmas Tree Train... except he's a little bit scared of the horn when it blows! But he OOHHH'S at it as it goes around the track. I love it too and am thankful for Kim T who gave it to Josh and me several years ago;)







Michael has also learned how to climb up on the chairs by himself, and is quite proud of himself. He likes to shake the chair back and forth- which is cute, except IF or I guess WHEN he eventually falls. The chair is pretty heavy, and I've tried to show him (by tilting it quickly) that if he isn't careful it will fall and he will have BIG ouchies- he knows that word- works to keep his hands away from the burner when he's helping me cook. We shall see- I want him to experience and learn and grow through his own trial and error as much as possible- so I'm letting him take the risk with the chair because he hardly moves it at all.

Elated


Trying to shake the chair- but really just shaking himself


Playing peek a boo


Testing out his shake... ability

No comments: