Saturday, November 26, 2011

Turkey

Since Michael loves the outdoors so much, and loves collecting leaves, I decided to flatten his leaves and make a little project out of it...

So I laminated them with clear contact paper, and made a tree and a turkey body to put on the fridge. I wanted to have all the leaves on the tree and move one each day to the turkey. We (Michael and I) would pick something to be grateful for and write it on the leaf- as a countdown to Thanksgiving Day. It was fun and worked well... except since "we" play with all of it, we lost many leaves, Gemma ate some, some are unreachable under the fridge, ect. This will be more "picture successful in years to come, but we talked about being grateful and did it together- and that's all that really matters.
This was our finished project...




I had to mend the turkey's head several times- Michael kept biting it off... symbolic of the Thanksgiving feast? I think so...



No comments: