Sunday, September 4, 2011

Weight Family CampIN 2011- Monday... part 2

Oliver's Restaurant and Cahokia Mounds
We stopped for lunch at Oliver's because I thought it would be cool because it was next to a runway, and in Cahokia.
This is the general feeling while sitting in, and also after eating at Oliver's.

Link

I know some enjoyed their food, and the waitress was fantastic, but overall- this is all I'm going to write about it.

Cahokia Mounds was our next stop. These mounds are part of an ancient American Indian Civilization- one that died out for unknown causes and holds great mystery about it's people.

We went to the Museum first and walked around after watching the video.







Then we trekked up the MOUND (or one left of the many that used to be there)













And my favorite picture of the day is...

two pictures


Aunt Jenn getting a tired Michael to laugh (and try to bury his head in the table)

and



Joshua, Michael and Tyler walking down the path to climb up the Mound.
Precious;)


The End of Day 1

P.S. If you'd like to know who I think the people who built these mounds were, you should read this book.




No comments: