So on Wednesday, the 10th, Michael walked almost the full length of the hallway all by himself! YEAH! He is becoming more confident about walking, and that is both exciting and alarming (because I know he'll be getting into more and getting away from me more quickly when he is walking- and running). I was trying to get it on video.
Then it happened...
he was walking all around when he crossed from the hard wood to the carpet and...
the rest went in semi slow motion like this...
Fumble
Baby toppling
Face plant
Hard
Body follows
Baby down
Shrieking
From me
not really, only in my mind
wailing
from him
really
I swoop him up
blood
I try to look at his face
more blood
he pushes me away
more blood
it's my fault
more blood
sink
counter
washcloth
clear view
no glue needed
three cuts in lip
lip is size of small grape
more blood
outside
with otter pop
to calm him down
and help with pain and swelling
it works
I rock him in the glider
put orajel naturals on his grape
he falls asleep in my arms
hasn't done that since baba
he sleeps
I recover
I don't get a picture until Thursday
The End
P.S. Today, 2 minutes into Church Sacrament Meeting, he bumps his lip and slices the same wound open.
Blood on...
Him
His white shirt
his bib
Josh's white shirt
the blue fabric padded pew we are sitting on
the carpet
more screaming ensued... we are those people at church
we took him out...
of course
The End
P.S. last April (a week before we flew out to see Josh's family) Michael fell on the patio door foot lock, and split his head open (it was only a little hole) but we went to St. E's to get it glued
The for real End:)
he was walking all around when he crossed from the hard wood to the carpet and...
the rest went in semi slow motion like this...
Fumble
Baby toppling
Face plant
Hard
Body follows
Baby down
Shrieking
From me
not really, only in my mind
wailing
from him
really
I swoop him up
blood
I try to look at his face
more blood
he pushes me away
more blood
it's my fault
more blood
sink
counter
washcloth
clear view
no glue needed
three cuts in lip
lip is size of small grape
more blood
outside
with otter pop
to calm him down
and help with pain and swelling
it works
I rock him in the glider
put orajel naturals on his grape
he falls asleep in my arms
hasn't done that since baba
he sleeps
I recover
I don't get a picture until Thursday
The End
P.S. Today, 2 minutes into Church Sacrament Meeting, he bumps his lip and slices the same wound open.
Blood on...
Him
His white shirt
his bib
Josh's white shirt
the blue fabric padded pew we are sitting on
the carpet
more screaming ensued... we are those people at church
we took him out...
of course
The End
P.S. last April (a week before we flew out to see Josh's family) Michael fell on the patio door foot lock, and split his head open (it was only a little hole) but we went to St. E's to get it glued
The for real End:)
No comments:
Post a Comment