Tonight we enjoyed a nice evening at our house with Randy and Heather, catching up and talking about plans for their baby due in August. I am so excited for them and am excited to be watching little girl Homburg when Heather goes back to work part time. What a fun adventure;)
In other news, today was momentous for a few reasons.
First, Michael is officially off the bottle!
He was only getting a bottle before each nap and before bed, so we started a few weeks ago by just excluding morning nap bottle (he gets a snack of coarse, so he won't get hungry) and did that for a week. Then we excluded the afternoon nap bottle for a week and last night was his first night time with no bottle. So we are packing it away. Hooray! Michael loved his bottle, but this is part of the journey to becoming a big boy, and having good dental hygiene :)
Farewell Baba's
Second momentous event: the packing away of the Breast Pump.
Josh thinks it's awkward that I am writing about my breast pump. Maybe it is, but as I plan to print this blog into a book at the end of the year, it is my duty to document ALL the important events.
I always knew I wanted to breastfeed, it was really important to me. Michael and I however, were not Olympians at breastfeeding and I pumped until May 24, 2011. The day Michael turned one. Any mother who has pumped for an extended period of time knows that this is not a fun thing to do and that it takes a lot of extra time, energy and effort. I had many emotions in dealing with the feeding of my child, but in the end I know that Michael and I did the best we could and I am proud of us.
An Ode to my Pump
I bid you a joyful adieu
A necessary friend and a helping hand,
but I never really liked you.
I bid you a joyful adieu
A necessary friend and a helping hand,
but I never really liked you.
The third momentous event was that MICHAEL TOOK HIS FIRST STEPS TODAY! It was so exciting and happened so out of the blue. Josh was helping him stand and said "Go get Mommy!" and he took three steps to me, all by himself! We are on our way! He was as shocked as we were! Of course we tried to get him to do it again, but he just plopped on his rear and crawled as fast as his little knees would carry him. I know he'll get it, on his own time. He can just take it slow, he's growing up so fast already! I don't have a picture as he only did it once. But trust me when we get a picture and video, it'll be on here! Here are some other pictures of our little Bubba for all to enjoy!
Caving Expedition in the Kitchen
Jeff and Kelly got Michael this pool for his Birthday. By hooking the hose to it you can have water "shower" down from the palm trees. However, we were having technical difficulties- probably because Josh wasn't there to tell me how he did it the first time- Gemma and Michael had fun though;) And that's all that really matters.
The End
No comments:
Post a Comment